Systems with strong offline functionality
- Can’t wait to Learn – Gaming technology to deliver quality education to children, including those in conflict contexts.
- Kolibri – Learning application to support universal education.
- Rumie – Education tools and content to enable lifelong learning for underserved communities.
- Ustad Mobile – Access and share educational content offline.
Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) Platforms
- Alison – Online courses from experts.
- Canvas – Lifelong learning and professional development for educators.
- Coursera – Online courses taught by instructors from well-recognized universities and companies.
- EdX – Online courses from leading educational institutions.
- University of the People - Online university with open access to higher education.
- Icourses – Chinese language courses for university students.
- Future Learn – Online courses to help learners study, build professional skills and connect with experts.
Self-directed learning content
- Byju’s – Learning application with large repositories of educational content tailored for different grades and learning levels.
- Discovery Education – Free educational resources and lessons about viruses and outbreaks for different grade levels.
- Geekie – Portuguese language web-based platform that provides personalized educational content using adaptive learning technology.
- Khan Academy – Free online lessons and practice in math, sciences and humanities, as well as free tools for parents and teachers to track student progress. Available in 40+ languages, and aligned to national curriculum for over 10 countries.
- KitKit School - Tablet-based learning suite with a comprehensive curriculum spanning early childhood through early primary levels.
- LabXchange – Curated and user-created digital learning content delivered on an online platform that enables educational and research experiences.
- Mindspark – Adaptive online tutoring system that helps students practice and learn mathematics.
- Mosoteach – Chinese language application hosting cloud classes.
- OneCourse – Child-focused application to deliver reading, writing and numeracy education.
- Quizlet – Learning flashcards and games to support learning in multiple subjects.
- Siyavula – Mathematics and physical sciences education aligned with South African curriculum.
- YouTube – Huge repository of educational videos and learning channels.
Mobile reading applications
- African Storybook - Open access to picture storybooks in African languages.
- Global Digital Library – Digital storybooks and other reading materials easily accessible from mobile phones or computers.
- Lezioni sul sofà – A collection of Italian language books for children, complemented with read-aloud features as well as videos discussing books and art.
- StoryWeaver – Digital repository of multilingual stories for children.
- Worldreader – Digital books and stories accessible from mobile devices and functionality to support reading instruction.
Collaboration platforms that support live-video communication
- Dingtalk – Communication platform that supports video conferencing, task and calendar management, attendance tracking and instant messaging.
- Lark – Collaboration suite of interconnected tools, including chat, calendar, creation and cloud storage.
- Hangouts Meet – Video calls integrated with other Google’s G-Suite tools.
- Teams – Chat, meet, call and collaboration features integrated with Microsoft Office software.
- Skype – Video and audio calls with talk, chat and collaboration features.
- Zoom – Cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, chat and webinars.
Tools to create of digital learning content
- Thinglink – Tools to create interactive images, videos and other multimedia resources.
- Buncee – Supports the creation and sharing visual representations of learning content, including media-rich lessons, reports, newsletters and presentations.
- EdPuzzle – Video lesson creation software.
- Kaltura – Video management and creation tools with integration options for various learning management systems.
- Nearpod – Software to create lessons with informative and interactive assessment activities.
- Pear Deck – Facilitates the design of engaging instructional content with various integration features.
- Squigl – Content creation platform that transforms speech or text into animated videos.